MSU Press is opening up access to the following articles that discuss institutional racism and anti-Black violence. We hope that opening these articles can help contribute to the necessary conversations about antiracism and dismantling white supremacy happening right now in our nation and institutions. As you seek additional reading material featuring Black voices, we encourage you to support Black-owned bookstores.
CR: The New Centennial Review
- W. E. B. Du Bois and the Fourth Dimension by Nicole Waligora-Davis
- Ourselves at Stake: Social Reproduction in the Age of Prisons by Sharon Luk
- Black Nihilism and the Politics of Hope by Calvin L. Warren
- When Police Violence Is More Than Violent Policing by Robert Bernasoni
- My’s Silent Scream: Memory, Traumatic Time, and the Embodiment of the Black Surreal in Rickerby Hinds’s Dreamscape by Stephanie Leigh Batiste
- On Reckoning with White Privilege and the Black Struggle to Survive by Kate Carroll De Gutes
QED: A Journal in GLBTQ Worldmaking
- The Queerness of Blackness by Jeffrey Q. McCune Jr.
- Black Joy in the Time of Ferguson by Javon Johnson
- Meeting Queerness and Blackness in Ferguson by Reuben Riggs
- Undeniable Forensic Evidence by Jennifer Tyburczy
- Last Words: A Black Theological Response to Ferguson and Anti-Blackness by Nyle Fort and Darnell L. Moore
- Holding Each Other Better: Discussing State Violence, Healing, and Community with BreakOUT! by Bryan J. McCann, Nate Faulk, and Kwaneesha Reagans
- A Black Girl Song for Dajerria by Tanisha C. Ford