Book acquisition areas by editor:
- Agricultural Studies
- Great Lakes Studies & Michigan (Regional) History
- Environment/Natural Resources
- African Studies
- Criminal Justice
- U.S. History, 19th Century to contemporary
- Political Science
- European History, 19th Century to contemporary
- Cultural History/ Humanities
- Urban Studies & Architectural History
- We accept either hard copy or email proposals.
- Initial submissions to MSU Press should be in the form of a short letter of inquiry and a sample chapter, as well as our Acquisitions Questionnaire. Download our Acquisitions Questionnaire here, fill it out, and mail it with your manuscript.
We do not accept:
- Unsolicited works of fiction, memoir, or poetry.
- Simultaneous manuscript submissions.
- Festschrifts or other commemorative publications, conference papers, or unrevised dissertations.
- Bibliographic citations (notes, bibliography, etc.) must be prepared in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- After an evaluation by the Press editorial staff, works then requested by us for publication are routinely subjected to peer review by scholars in relevant fields of specialty. In addition, these manuscripts undergo evaluation by the Michigan State University Press Editorial Advisory Board, after which the Press editorial staff makes its determination of suitability for publication.
Letters of inquiry and hard copy manuscripts should be mailed to:
[Appropriate Acquiring Editor]
Michigan State University Press
1405 South Harrison Rd., Suite 25
East Lansing, MI 48823
Please include a completed Acquisitions Questionnaire with your submission.