Book acquisition areas by editor:
- U.S. History
- African Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Agricultural Studies
- Great Lakes Studies & Michigan (Regional) History
- Environment/Natural Resources
- European History, 19th Century to contemporary
- Cultural History/ Humanities
- Urban Studies & Architectural History
- We accept either hard copy or email proposals.
- Initial submissions to MSU Press should be in the form of a short letter of inquiry and a sample chapter, as well as our Acquisitions Questionnaire. This questionnaire not an interactive electronic form for online use. Please download this form to your computer. Answer the following questions and save the form. The form should be returned to MSU Press either as a printed hardcopy with your manuscript via mail, or by attaching the completed form to an email sent to email@example.com
Download our Acquisitions Questionnaire here.
We do not accept:
- Unsolicited works of fiction, memoir, or poetry.
- Simultaneous manuscript submissions.
- Festschrifts or other commemorative publications, conference papers, or unrevised dissertations.
- Bibliographic citations (notes, bibliography, etc.) must be prepared in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- After an evaluation by the Press editorial staff, works then requested by us for publication are routinely subjected to peer review by scholars in relevant fields of specialty. In addition, these manuscripts undergo evaluation by the Michigan State University Press Editorial Advisory Board, after which the Press editorial staff makes its determination of suitability for publication.
Letters of inquiry and hard copy manuscripts should be mailed to:
[Appropriate Acquiring Editor]
Michigan State University Press
1405 South Harrison Rd., Suite 25
East Lansing, MI 48823
Please download and include a completed Acquisitions Questionnaire with your submission.