A Rendezvous with MSU cover
A Rendezvous with MSU
During his unprecedented 58-year career, where he served nine of MSU’s 20 presidents, he experienced classes held in temporary facilities, including chemistry labs in Quonset huts and classes in barrack-like Mead buildings, and was “in the right place, at the right time” when the campus rapidly expanded, from 1963 to 1967, doubling the building square footage, requiring new roads and a major expansion of the utility systems.

During the ensuing years, as MSU expanded its research, medical, athletic, and power-generating facilities, he continued to be deeply involved with all planning, design, and construction, and began assuming leadership responsibilities for major portions of the Physical Plant Division all while developing a professional team to serve the modern campus.
In 2005, he was asked to merge the Grounds Department back into the central facilities organization, having been separated by President John Hannah in 1944. Before retiring, he was further asked to create a new organization to include virtually all facilities responsibilities and assume the position of Vice President for Strategic Infrastructure Planning and Facilities.
 
Publication Date: January 1st, 2017
176 pages| 6 in x 9 in
Bios
Cloth
$24.95 USD
ISBN: 9780996725255

Add to Cart