MSU PRESS HIGHLIGHTS
MSU PRESS HAS A NEW IMPRINT: WHEELBARROW BOOKS
Wheelbarrow Books, established in 2016, is an imprint of the RCAH Center for Poetry at Michigan State University, published and distributed by MSU Press. The biannual Wheelbarrow Books Poetry Prize is open to poets who have not yet published a first book. This year’s judge is Sarah Bagby, owner of Watermark Books & Café in Wichita, Kansas, and publisher of Watermark Press.
Series Editor: Anita Skeen. Professor in the Residential College in the Arts and Humanities (RCAH) at Michigan State University, director of the Creative Arts Program at Ghost Ranch, and director of the Fall Writing Festival.
FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK at MSU PRESS
- Announcing: Wheelbarrow Books Poetry Prize – Open for Submissions. Judge: Sarah Bagby,
owner of Watermark Books & Café in Wichita, Kansas, and publisher of Watermark Press. Sarah served on the fiction panel of the 2015 National Book Awards.
- Announcing: Fourth Genre Steinberg Essay Prize – Open for Submissions
PATS ON THE BACK – CONGRATULATIONS!
- 2018 Michigan Notable Book Award won by Sailing into History, by Frank Boles
- CHOICE Magazine Outstanding Academic Title: Fighting the Death Penalty, by Eugene G. Wanger
UPCOMING CONFERENCES – COME SEE US!
- March 6: ANR Week – MSU and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, East Lansing, MI.
- March 7-10: AWP–Tampa, visit Fourth Genre [T1417] and Wheelbarrow Books [T1205].
- March 22-24: Native American Literary Symposium, Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, Prior Lake, MN. Visit us at the Birchbark Books table for author signings.
- March 29-April 1: 24th Annual Anishinaabemowin Teg Conference, Kewadin Convention Center, Sault St. Marie, MI.
ARABIC 1 and ARABIC 2,
Click Here for our ARABIC SUPPLEMENT PAGE: interactive digital drill exercises and Audio Listening Activities.
The language-learning supplements to the MSU Press Arabic 1 and Arabic 2 textbooks are multi-level instructional books and audio. They offer a unique approach to learning Arabic language and culture by providing meaningful communicative language experiences with vocabulary and situations used in daily life to practice listening, speaking, reading, writing, and culture.
ARABIC 1 and ARABIC 2, language books for teachers and students of Arabic in the United States;ARABIC 1 and 2 Teachers’ Guide sets the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages and provides goals for teachers to help students achieve these standards. With additional exercises for those students to further hone their Arabic language skills outside of the textbooks.